This is something I learned this week. And this fact is especially helpful in times when more and more people are engaging against the climate catastrophe. So this is a good lever for action biased people in the startup ecosystem.
I write this, because I am involved in the launch of a nonprofit initiative (more on that in the next months)
So I learned that my personal minimal startup stack (AWS, Github, G Suite, Stripe ,Slack) is completely covered- mostly for free.
- AWS provides 2.000 USD credits per year.
- Github provides a free team account for the organization. And remember, this means completely free page hosting and a lot of continuous integration minutes.
- The G Suite in the Basic version can be used for free.
- Stripe offers a cheaper processing fee for donations. (Also for gemeinnützige Vereine in Germany, btw)
- Slack offers a standard plan up to 250 members free of charge. Beyond that: 85% discount on the Plus Account.
- By the way: Google Cloud gives 5000 USD credits per month, but only for 6 months. But could be helpful for a one-time, data-intensive project.
Yes, sure, those companies know why there are doing this. But if someone is using it anyway, this is quiet helpful.
Do you know more companies that offer this kind of thing?