I am a CTO and Startup Founder/Advisor, living in Berlin.
Currently I am fighting climate change, by working on how Software Engineers can understand and reduce their co2 footprint and I plan to start a slow business in this area.
I build full stack products by myself and also lead whole teams with the responsibility for product and technology.
For startups in the scaling phase, I am available as an advisory board member or as interim CTO.
I am a mentor and coach to Software Engineers and first time startup founders.
I do not only build software – I take ownership: For business model, product and technology.
My Stack is optimized for fast prototyping / goto market while having a lot of experience with the integration of other services: Facebook Graph API (Insights, Pages, .. – I even wrote a book about it!), Instagram Analytics API, YouTube Analytics API, Twitter API, Github API, Sign in with Google, Stripe, Paddle, Firebase – and of course AWS: IOT Core, SQS, SNS, RDS, s3, STS, IAM, SES, Route53, Cloudwatch, Cloudfront, Elastic Beanstalk & Cloudformation.
10 Years of experience as a CTO in the areas of Consulting / Agency / SaaS / B2B / B2C / E-Commerce / Apps.
- Software engineering background before going into digital marketing
- Leadership of technical and product teams
- Owner of companies technical vision & software architecture
- Building ecosystems and APIs while being an evangelist for them.
- Fostering an innovation culture & continuous improvement of developer tools for productivity (especially for remote teams)
- Managing director for bootstrapped and venture backed companies.
- Relentless lean approach on business strategy & product leadership
- 2019 – Now: Member of the Advisory Board at touch361, a company for Customer Experience Management with a business intelligence SaaS for marketing touchpoint analysis.
- 2018 – Now: Member of the Advisory Board at vitalfunktion GmbH, offering B2C and B2B solutions in the area of pharma.
- 2018 – 2019: Founder and Chief Prototyping Officer of the B2C E-Commerce Startup Fotando GmbH, pursuing the ambitious goal of massively disrupting the mobile customer journey for photo printing (from hand to wall!).
- 2016 – 2018 Founder and Chief Technology Officer of influencer marketing SaaS BuzzBird GmbH (venture backed, 25 FTE), connecting brands and influencers for advertising campaigns through an machine learning based matching algorithm.
- 2010 – 2015: Founder and Managing Director Technology of the social media agency buddybrand GmbH (bootstrapped, 40 FTE), Germany’s first Facebook agency, which has evolved into a full service digital creative agency.
- 2019 – Now: Technology Principal for Ray Sono AG, building a IIoT Applications.
- 2016 – Now: Technical Evangelist for Native Studios UG, transforming the market for mobile user generated video content.
- Community Ambassador for Indie Hackers in Berlin
- Mentor for Berlin Geekettes – strengthening women in the technology industry
- Member of the Entrepreneur’s Pledge
- Author: Practical Guide on Facebook Programming (O’Reilly)
- Zettel v1.0 – Shopping list prototyping as Google Spreadsheet
- enex-to-opml – npm module
- mobile batch upload – WordPress Plugin
- trello-changelog – npm Module
Good software is always used but never finished.
The goal is to always build the next v01. In software and in life. Zen philosophy puts it like: Nothing exists in its present form or color except in this moment. A beginners mind is free of any possessions, as it knows that all is in a state of fluid change.